So I just had the last “real” meal that I am going to have for a long time. I paid absolutely no attention to calories, carbs, fat grams, or any other nutritional information! My husband, James, and I went to Olive Garden. Here’s what I ate:
- Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta—a blend of smoked mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses, baked until it’s an oozing, dripping, greasy, cheesy goodness, served with Tuscan bread. 940 calories
- Chicken Pansotti— Pyramid-shaped ravioli filled with mozzarella, ricotta, asiago, and parmesan cheese, with chicken, smothered in a portabello mushroom alfredo sauce. 1230 calories
- Venetian Sunset—Martini Asti and Rossi, pineapple juice, cherry juice. 190 calories
- Zeppolis—Italian donuts with chocolate sauce. 1130 calories.
- Dr. Pepper (2)—200 calories
- Salad—350 calories
That’s a grand total of 4040 calories!!!! All in one meal!! (Of course we did share the appetizer and dessert, and I didn’t finish my entrée, so this isn’t entirely accurate.) Sadly, this is how I have been eating several times a week for about the last year! No wonder I have gained 40 lbs in one year!!
I’m more excited to begin this diet and exercise program than ever now!